Sign up to receive blog updates by email!
Friday, October 28, 2016
1. Kara 2. kara.brockett AT gmail.com 3. Will be 4 months in January 4. Searching for a nanny and a nanny share 5. full time, M-F 8 am – 5 pm, can be flexible 7. Are you willing to drop off your child at someone else's apt? If yes, what area are you willing to go to? Yes, I am near 86 and 1st, would be willing to go south to 77 or north to 116, and west to 5th ave 8. Do you have any pets? Yes, a dog (Havanese, which is a hypoallergenic breed.) 9. Does your child have any allergies? No 10. Does your building have an elevator (think double stroller!)? Yes, elevator fits a double stroller. 11. Does your neighborhood have a playground, nice places to walk? One block from Carl Schruz park, about 20 minutes to central park, my apartment has a private backyard available as well. 12. Would you be interested in signing up (and paying for) a "nanny and me" music class or gym class? yes 13. Does your household have any dietary restrictions (vegan, vegetarian, kosher, etc)? no 14. When would you be able to start nanny share? ASAP or beginning of the month, etc. Looking to start in early January 2017 15. Any other relevant information you would like to share? I am happy to host in home or drop at another home. 16. How did you find out about www.shareournanny.com? Friend Referral
1. Amy 2. amichelle.eley AT gmail.com 3. 5 months at start of nanny share 4. Searching for a nanny 5. M-F, 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. 6. Harlem 7. Yes, I'll need to drop off child at someone else's apt in Harlem, UWS or Midtown. 8. I don't have pets 9. Child as no stroller 10. No elevator in our building 11. We live next to central park but I'm looking to drop off our daughter somewhere else. 12. Yes, I'd be willing to sign up/pay for "nanny and me" classes. 13. No dietary restrictions. 14. Looking to start nanny share beginning of December, although I could push to January.
Monday, October 24, 2016
1. Our names are Laura Bown & Axel Clissen 2. You can reach us at laurabown at gmail dot com. 3. Our daughter Eloïse is 1 year and 1 month. 4. We already have a caring nanny named Lourdes. 5. We are looking for a full time share - Monday through Friday (8:30 am - 6:30 pm). 6. We live in Soho. 7. We are willing to drop of our child at someone else’s apartment. Areas preferably Tribeca, Soho, West Villaga, Greenwich Village. 8. We have no pets. 9. Our daughter has no allergies. 10. Or building does not have an elevator and is a two storey walk-up. 11. There are many playgrounds very close by and a lot of young families. 12. We are willing to have our daughter take classes, but this is optional, not necessary. 13. Eloïse has no dietary restrictions. 14. We are looking for a family to share starting January, 2017. 15. Our lovely one-year old baby girl Eloïse is looking for a friend to share her caring nanny with. Lourdes has been with us since the beginning, and always took care of two families. Now that one is leaving, we are looking for a new family to share this adventure with. Ideally, the family is located downtown Manhattan (we live in Soho), but almost anything is possible. A little boy or girl with a similar age would be great as well, but definitely not a prerequisite. We are a European (Belgian) family that is easygoing, open-minded and loves the simple things in life. Our experience with nanny sharing has been amazing and worked out great for us, both in terms of flexibility and budget. If you would be interested in learning more, we would love to meet you to share our thoughts. 16. Through Google.
1. First name: Floriane 2. Contact information: mademoiselle_flo AT hotmail.com 3. Our baby boy is expected Jan.15 4. Searching for a nanny and a nanny share 5. Days and hours needed: full time, Monday to Thursday 7 am – 7pm ; Friday 8 am – 4pm 6. Neighborhood: Upper West Side (96th street) 7. Are you willing to drop off your child at someone else's apt? Yes, we can drop off our child somewhere on the UWS between 66th and 102nd providing it's off the 1,2,3 subway line. 8. Do you have any pets? No and would like the other couple not to have pets 9. Does your child have any allergies? Not at the moment 10. Does your building have an elevator? Yes 11. Does your neighborhood have a playground, nice places to walk? Yes 12. Would you be interested in signing up (and paying for) a "nanny and me" music class or gym class? Yes why not 13. Does your household have any dietary restrictions (vegan, vegetarian, kosher, etc)? No 14. When would you be able to start nanny share? starting mid-April 2017 15. Any other relevant information you would like to share? We are a French family and will speak to our baby in French but we would like our baby to get accustomed to English. We are looking for a loving family to share a nanny 16. How did you find out about www.shareournanny.com? Google
Friday, October 21, 2016
1. First name - Crystal 2. Contact information – cmorrisongraham AT gmail.com 3. Age of child - Child will be born Feb 2017 4. Already have a nanny OR Searching for a nanny and a nanny share - searching for a nanny share 5. Days and hours needed M-F 8 am – 7pm 6. Neighborhood you live in - Clinton Hill (BK) 7. Are you willing to drop off your child at someone else's apt? Yes (Clinton Hill or BedStuy area) 8. Do you have any pets? No and would like the other couple not to have pets 9. Does your child have any allergies? Not at the moment 10. Does your building have an elevator ? Yes 11. Does your neighborhood have a playground, nice places to walk? Yes 12. Would you be interested in signing up (and paying for) a "nanny and me" music class or gym class? Yes 13. Does your household have any dietary restrictions (vegan, vegetarian, kosher, etc)? No 14. When would you be able to start nanny share? April 2017 15. Any other relevant information you would like to share? Looking for a loving family to share a nanny. Other child much be under 2 years old. 16. How did you find out about www.shareournanny.com? Google
1. Stefan 2. sa610 AT columbia.edu 4. seeking to help nanny to find full-time employment It is with deep gratitude that we are posting this reference for our nanny who has worked for us for more than a year. We are very grateful to her because our son Christopher, who was just three months old when she started to work for us, has grown under her care into such a happy, communicative, and curious toddler. When Linda arrives in the morning at our apartment, Christopher’s face lights up, he smiles, and then he crawls very quickly (now he is waddling quickly) through the long hallway to greet and hug Linda. Christopher clearly enjoys playing with Linda, listening to music, going to music class, the playground, or to the library with her, and playing with blocks or other toys. It is also obvious how much joy Linda feels in doing these things with our son when she tells us about some highlights of the day in the evening. Linda is very reliable and in addition to her warm and loving personality, she always makes sure that Christopher is safe, healthy, well-fed and in a clean and secure environment. Linda is a US-citizen and a native speaker of Mandarin Chinese and with fluent English. She is highly educated and holds an engineering degree from a Chinese university. She is careful, responsible and radiates positive energy. Linda is also very patient and giving. When Christopher was learning to walk, Linda walked behind him, holding his hands above his head and make sure he did not fall while he was tottering up and down the hallway for long periods of time. On two afternoons of the week, Linda has also taken care of our older son Alexander who already goes to kindergarten and who has a lot of fun playing hide and seek and chess with her. We hope that Christopher and Alexander will be able maintain some contact with Linda in the future and if you are the ones hiring her, you can consider yourself very lucky. We recommend her highly and without any reservations. She is a wonderful nanny who will love your child and keep your child safe. For further information, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
Tuesday, October 18, 2016
A couple months ago, I posted about our wonderful and amazing nanny, Sonam, being available part-time on MWF. The circumstances for the family that initially hired her have changed and she is available to start working immediately. We would love to help her find another family to help round out her schedule We truly believe our son has thrived as much as he has because of Sonam. She took Fern Drilling’s CPR class when she started with us and has always done research for advice when trying to troubleshoot things with our son. She has helped us implement BLW and the No-Cry Sleep Solution philosophies. Sonam is extremely bright (has a computer science college degree from her home country of Bhutan). Our son and Sonam have SO much fun with one another - he laughs with her a way that he never laughs with us...she is truly the "cool" nanny and we're his parents who he likes to play with :) Please e-mail me at mwrfish at gmail dot com if you would like more information
Friday, October 14, 2016
Looking for Family, Have Nanny 1. First name, My first name is Valerie, my Nanny is looking for a new family because we are moving 2. Contact information – ValerieRandazzo AT gmail.com 3. Age of child- My daughter is 14 months now, She has been with us since my daughter was 9 months old, she works with newborns as well 4. Already have a nanny, I'm moving and would like to help her find a new family 5. Days and hours needed Full or Part time 6. Neighborhood you live in, I live in Park Slope, she is willing to go to other neighborhoods in Brooklyn and Manhattan 7. Are you willing to drop off your child at someone else's apt? Would need to discuss with her 8. Do you have any pets? I have a 120lb dog which She got along with just fine! 9. Does your child have any allergies? No 10. Does your building have an elevator (think double stroller)? We have 20 very steep steps which She uses with ease while carrying my daughter 11. Does your neighborhood have a playground, nice places to walk? She takes my daughter to the park very often 12. Would you be interested in signing up (and paying for) a "nanny and me" music class or gym class? She will be open to classes 13. Does your household have any dietary restrictions (vegan, vegetarian, kosher, etc)? I have celiac disease, She has been very respectful of our house and kitchen 14. When would you be able to start nanny share? End of November 15. Any other relevant information you would like to share? She is incredibly sweet and kind. My daughter gets super excited each time she comes over and seems to be learning more and more each day with her. She is very present and gives my daughter 100% of her attention at all times. She listens to any guidelines we have and doesn't ever over step boundaries, but will help you figure things out as well. She is a loving family oriented family woman who makes my daughter feel special and loved all day. She sings to her and has so much patience (my daughter hates to nap and screams at bedtime). We would take her with us but we are moving too far. She has always done extra for my daughter and we will miss her. She never has a temper or any type of negativity about her. Please feel free to email me any questions, we found her through a strong recommendation. 16. How did you find out about www.shareournanny.com? Internet search
virginia.knox AT mdrc.org. Seeking to help our nanny acquire additional hours. I would like to help our nanny find 3 additional days per week of work. Peggy has worked for us for 21 years and we have now moved away. She has part-time work and would like 3 additional days. She is an amazing person - warm, caring, reliable and dedicated, very energetic, takes initiative, and has great judgment. You will be so glad you found her! She can start a part-time job anytime. Days of week are negotiable. (No inquiries for one day per week, please.) Peggy is available to work in Riverdale, Manhattan, or Brooklyn. She is wonderful with children of all ages and loves pets. She has a green card and a driver's license and is an excellent driver. We found out about shareournanny.com a few years ago from a co-worker.
Monday, October 10, 2016
2. yehkrass at gmail.com 3. 22.5 months 4. Already have nanny, looking for family 5. Full time, M-F 8am-6pm or, M-TH 8am-6pm (flexible) 6. North Williamsburg, Brooklyn 7. We are willing to drop off anywhere in the north williamsburg area, also greenpoint 8. We have 1 cat 9. No known allergies 10. No elevator, but we are on the ground floor 11. We are near 3 parks with playgrounds, a library, and a private play space 12. I would be interested in a toddler class 13. No dietary restrictions 14. Share to start ASAP 15. Our nanny Norzom is a dream nanny-- she is a wonderful, caring woman, and my daughter has really flourished under her care. My daughter was about 5.5 months when we started with the share, she is very shy and do not like new people, but she was open to Norzom immediately, so having her has really put my mind at ease, especially since it was my first time leaving my daughter in someone else's care; my daughter is 22 months now and loves her days with Norzom! Norzom always has activities planned for the children, and she is part of a very nice contingency of Tibetan nannies in the area so there are a lot of opportunities to socialize with other little ones from the neighborhood! She is great with all ages and has many years of experience caring for multiple children from newborns up through school age. Share Info: We are 2 lovely families looking for 3rd family to share Norzom, (my daughter is almost 23 months, and second family's little one is 2+)-- our original host family's child started school, so we would like to find a new host family to take over, but we are open to other arrangements. Ideally we are looking for a (host) family in the Greenpoint/North Williamsburg area that is looking for care 4 days a week. If you are in need of less or more days a week, that is also a possibility. I'm happy to answer any and all questions, you can message me at yehkrass (at) gmail (dot) com, or you can contact Norzom directly at (347) 476-8077! Thank you! 16. Found this site through google search
My name is Freya, I am originally from the UK but have been living in New York for more than 2 years- my contact information is freyaseath @ gmail.com. My husband and I have an 11 month old boy and we already have a wonderful nanny who has been with us for 7 months. We are looking for a family who would like a nanny share arrangement hosted at our apartment for a couple of days a week, or more days if preferred or needed- we are very flexible. Our apartment is located on UES at 86th st between Madison and 5th Aves and has a light, large designated playroom. We have a small 3 year old rescue dog called Tupa who lives with us- he has a lot of energy but is very loving. He is kept out of the baby playroom. We live 3 minutes walk from Central Park and currently our nanny takes our baby boy Joaquim for a walk at least once a day and to play on the swings. We have a double stroller that can be used for taking two babies out. Our apartment has an elevator and 24 hour door men. Our baby has no allergies and is very close to walking- a scary thought! We have no dietary restrictions in our household, and Joaquim is willing to eat any food on offer most the time :) We are looking to start a nanny share asap as our previous nanny share arrangement has just ended. Ideally we would love to share with a baby that is a similar age to Joaquim so they can grow and learn together, Our nanny has been trained in CPR and has up to date vaccinations, she is also completely lovely and feels part of our family :) We found out about shareournanny.com through our pediatrician!
Friday, October 7, 2016
My 3 yo daughter is in school 2 days a week (Mon/Thur) and we have space in our share for another family to join on those days from 8am - 6:00pm with the other child in the share, in our elevator building in Crown Heights, right across from the shuttle train (Park Place) and steps away from Franklin Ave. The other family have an adorable and easy-going 1 year old that your child would be with. In the very near future, I will enroll my daughter for a 3rd day in preschool, so would ideally be looking for someone who needs 20-30 hours of care split over 2 or 3 days.
In the Fall of 2017, or maybe the summer of 2017, your child could go to full-time. In the fall of 2017 my daughter will hopefully be in UPK, and we will only need afternoon care a couple days/week. In short, this is an excellent time to get your little one (she prefers babies to start off with and grow with them over time) in with the one caregiver you will ever need until your child starts school. I have very high expectations, and she meets virtually all of them.
Blanca is the most incredible caregiver I have ever seen. I hear things all the time from fellow parents who see her in the community, reports back are nothing but spectacular, and people saying how much they are impressed by her gift in caring for children. She is never on the phone, she strikes a nice balance between going with the flow of the children's desires, and getting them out of the house to classes, into nature, and to museums. She speaks only Spanish with the kids, so you will have a bilingual kid out of it, which is priceless! Especially given the excellent dual language programs in NYC. She has a very calm and yet enthusiastic energy, she cleans up while the kids sleep and somehow manages to help you feel like you're keeping your life in better shape than before you met her. She is a gem.
Blanca speaks Spanish, understands a good bit of English, and texts. When I started with her 3 years ago I didn't speak a lick of Spanish, but have learned to speak, and usually communicate harder things through text translations, except when I'm in front of her and she seems to understand gestures well and derive the meaning of what you're trying to say. Her rate is $10/hour, she gets bank holidays off and 2 weeks paid vacation/year/paid metro card, which would be a small contribution from your family since your child would not be full-time.
If you are interested, please let me know. I am handling the initial conversations with families and then will act as translator/liaison between your family and Blanca initially. This share opportunity will begin in 2 weeks. If you think you know a good candidate, please pass it along! Blanca has numerous families who can vouch for her as well, so references is not a problem.
1. Gila 2. gila dot ward at gmail dot com 3. daughter is 21 months 4. Searching for a family (have a great nanny) 5. full time, M-F 8 am – 6pm 6. UWS / south harlem / morningside heights area 7.willing to drop off from 125th to times square, preferable on west side 8. no pets 9. no allergies 10. building has an elevator and we have a double stroller 11. several playgrounds and central park nearby 12. maybe interested in signing up for some classes 13. no pork, shellfish or meat, prefer share house to be the same but flexible 14. asap 15. Looking forward to the process! 16. friend sent me link. Thanks!
1. Rachel 2. rcekam @ gmail.com 3. 7 weeks currently (will be 3 months at start) 4. searching for a family and nanny 5. M-F 8-6 6. Astoria 7. Willing to drop-off and host in Astoria area 8. No Pets 9. No Allergies 10. No elevator but live in 1 floor walkup, can keep stroller downstairs. 11. We live just north of Astoria Park by the water, nice outdoor playgrounds/park available. 12. Interested in music/gym class. 13. Vegetarian (but flexible) 14. Mid-November 15. Email for more information