Sign up to receive blog updates by email!
Monday, December 23, 2013
1. Emily 2. Ejamschmid@gmail.com 3. 4 months 4. Searching for a nanny and a nanny share 5. full time, M-F 8 am – 6pm 6. Park slope 7. Are you willing to drop off your child at someone else's apt? Yes in neighborhood 8. Do you have any pets? No 9. Does your shareournannycomchild have any allergies? No 10. Does your building have an elevator (think double stroller!)? No- first floor walk up 11. Does your neighborhood have a playground, nice places to walk? Yes- across street from Prospect Park 12. Would you be interested in signing up (and paying for) a "nanny and me" music class or gym class? Sure 13. Does your household have any dietary restrictions (vegan, vegetarian, kosher, etc)? No 14. When would you be able to start nanny share? Beginning of January or ASAP 15. Any other relevant information you would like to share? No 16. How did you find out about www.shareournanny.com? Friend
1. Sari Fensterheim 2. firstname.lastname@example.org Our wonderful, warm and experienced nanny is looking for a full-time position - as a share or not. Our son goes to school full time. Anita has been taking care of our son since he was 4 months old and he is now 4 1/2. She is warm, affectionate and responsible. She has a degree in Early Childhood Education from Nepal (where she is from) - singing, playing laughing fills our apartment when she is there. She has been a nanny for many years and has an 11 year old daughter. In the 4 years that Anita has been with us, we have been the part of 3 different shares. In all of them there was a younger child and an older one. Anita was always able to make sure that the needs of both children were being met and they were both always entertained. She was also always able to balance her responsibilities to both families. When she is taking care of just my son, their loving bond - that they established from the beginning - is palpable. Her focus is totally on him. He is always occupied both inside and outside our home - at the playground, on playmates, at the library, at the park or the Botanical Gardens. Thanks, Sari Fensterheim Please call at 917-495-0148 or email me at email@example.com if you are interested
My name is Lotus and I can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our son was born November 2013, currently six weeks old. We are looking for a family that has a child in a similar age range for a nanny and a nanny share situation. We would prefer full time, M-F 8am – 6pm, but may be able to work out a 3-4 day/week schedule. We live in Forest Hills, about 3 blocks from the E/F express train. We can host but would be willing to drop off locally. We do have a small dog who is friendly and non-shedding. Our son has no known allergies. Our building has a elevator. We live in a residential area with parks nearby. We would love to sign up for and share the cost of "nanny and me" music class or gym class. We have no dietary restrictions, although we would prefer healthy/organic meals and snacks. In terms of start time, we are hoping to start around March 2014, but can start earlier/later as well. I found this site through a group for moms.
1. Jen 2. JLen212@yahoo.com 3. 12 months 4. Already have a great nanny 5. M-F 9am-6:30pm 6. Hell's Kitchen/Midtown west 7. Yes, we would prefer to drop the child off in midtown west/w. 60s because we live in a third floor walkup (unless your child can climb stairs, to make it easier on the nanny) 8. No pets 9. No known allergies 10. No elevator 11. Yes, plenty of playgrounds and parks 12. Yes, we would do a class 13. No dietary restrictions 14. We are able to start in February 2014 15. We were already in a share for four months, but the other family has had to leave, so we're starting the search again. Our nanny is great and has become friendly with other kids/nannies in the area so she schedules frequent playdates. 16. A friend
1. First name - Lisa 2. Contact information – email@example.com 3. Child will be 3 months old 4. Searching for a nanny and a nanny share 5. Days needed- full time, M-F 8 am – 6pm, but we can be flexible on the exact start and end times 6. We live in Northern Washington Heights (Hudson heights) 7. We would be willing to drop the baby off on the west side from 30th street north to my area of 190th street. I currently work at 34th street. Preferably on the A-line, but 1-line or C-line would also work. 8. We have one pet- an older black lab/mix. 9. The baby does not have any allergies so far, but dad is allergic to cats so it may manifest at some point. 10. The building has an elevator. 11. Our building is right next to a playground. Also, it is a block away from Fort Tryon Park (by the Cloisters) which has large grass areas and a nice flower garden. 12. We would be willing to sign up and pay for some classes, but do not have the resources for too many. We are flexible as far as signing up for classes that the other family would like. 13. No dietary restrictions. However, we try to stay away from red meat. 14. Would like to begin in mid-February 16. How did you find out about www.shareournanny.com? Google search, and later recommendation from a hospital nurse.
Monday, December 16, 2013
1. Andrew 2. Andrew_spires@yahoo.com 3. 22 months 4. Searching for a nanny and a nanny share 5. Possible 5 or 3 day a week: 8:30 am – 6pm 6. UWS - w 70s. 7. Are you willing to drop off your child at someone else's apt? Yes, the share must be at sharing family's home(we have a large dog). West 80s to west 50s. 8. N/A - no allergies to cats/dogs 9. No food allergies 10. N/A 11. 1 block to CP 12. Yes! We currently attend Music Together, CP zoo, and CMOM. 13. No 14. When would you be able to start nanny share? January 15. No 16. A friend
Friday, December 6, 2013
Hello, my name is Aubrey (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I'm looking for both a nanny and a family to nannyshare with. My wife and I have a daughter born August 2013 and we're looking for a share in either January or February, when she will be 6 months old. We live in East Harlem (Madison Avenue/119th) in a building with an elevator and security. We have two friendly cats. There are some playgrounds nearby at Marcus Garvey Park, and we live a 10 minute walk away from Central Park. We are willing to host or travel to a nearby family's house. At the moment, our plan is to have a nanny in the morning and early afternoon (around 9 am to 2 pm). Our daughter does not have allergies. We are interested in outdoor activities and in enrolling our daughter in classes if she's interested. We learned about the website from someone in our building who used it as well. Please contact me if you're interested in exploring a share!
Monday, December 2, 2013
1. Michal 2. email@example.com 3. 18 mos and 3 mos 4. searching for a nanny or nanny share. We are already two families 5. Probably M-Th 8-4/5 6. Riverdale 7. Are you willing to drop off your child at someone else's apt?Yes, but only in Central Riverdale 8. Do you have any pets? YES. One dog but can be put in room all day 9. Does your child have any allergies? NO 10. Does your building have an elevator (think double stroller!)? YES 11. Does your neighborhood have a playground, nice places to walk? YES. MULTIPLE PLAYGROUNDS 12. Would you be interested in signing up (and paying for) a "nanny and me" music class or gym class? YES BUT NOT NECESSARY 13. Does your household have any dietary restrictions (vegan, vegetarian, kosher, etc)? ONE HOUSE IS KOSHER 14. When would you be able to start nanny share? BEGINNING OF JANUARY 15. Any other relevant information you would like to share? THE 18 MONTH OLD HAS BEEN IN DAY CARE FOR 6 MONTHS BUT WE ARE LOOKING INTO SHARING A NANNY WITH HIS COUSIN (THE 3MONTH OLD) WHO LIVES IN THE SAME BUILDING 16. How did you find out about www.shareournanny.com?
1. Parnell E. 2. firstname.lastname@example.org 3. 1 child - 11months 4. Yes, we have a Nanny. Looking for a family to share. 5. Preferably a family with a preschooler, our nanny currently watches an 11 month old little girl from 8:30 - 5:45. She picks up our son at school and watches him until 6:45pm. We are looking to "replace" our family in the share as we are moving 6. Live in Carnegie Hill area, Upper east side 90's 7. Are you willing to drop off your child at someone else's apt? Possibly Yes. If yes, what area are you willing to go to? Upper East not below 85th or above 96th. 8. Do you have any pets? Yes, one small dog 9. Does your child have any allergies? No 10. Does your building have an elevator (think double stroller!)? 1st floor apt. 11. Does your neighborhood have a playground, nice places to walk? You will want the nanny to be spend time outside with the children.YES, lots 12. Would you be interested in signing up (and paying for) a "nanny and me" music class or gym class? Yes 13. Does your household have any dietary restrictions (vegan, vegetarian, kosher, etc)? No 14. When would you be able to start nanny share? January 2 2014 ASAP or beginning of the month, etc. 15. Any other relevant information you would like to share? See Note below 16. How did you find out about www.shareournanny.com? Google search. We are relocating to San Francisco when school closes for the holiday break. Perhaps one of the hardest parts of moving will be losing our nanny. She became a part of our family when our son was just six weeks old, and while he has come to exuberantly embrace the idea of moving, he doesn’t know life without her. Unfortunately, we can’t bring her with us… In May we began “sharing” our with another family; this allowed us to keep her in our family and still meet her financial needs. In addition to caring for our son after school, our nanny takes care of an 11-month-oldbaby girl (happiest baby ever!) We are reaching hoping that we can find another family with a preschooler that may like to reduce their childcare costs by “sharing” a nanny with another family beginning in January. Location is an important factor, as the sharing her parents live on the Upper East Side very close to the 92nd Street Y, and thus Brick Church School. Our nanny is a wonderful person and gets our unqualified endorsement. She’s loving and loyal and has never let us down. So much more than just “care and feeding with light housework,” She has treated our son like her second grandchild, helping him practice his letters, reading to him, and reinforcing the lessons learned in school. Please reach out to us if you are interested, or know anyone that may be interested in partnering with a great family and bringing an awesome nanny into their family. Breckandzoe@gmail.com