Sign up to receive blog updates by email!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

seeking family and nanny (Midwood)

I am looking for a possible nanny share. I work as an independent and adjunct and is looking for someone who also works unconventional hours. I need child care in the afternoons and evenings, from approximately 3 pm to 10 pm, Monday through Friday. My daughter is 4 months old, but I won't need to start the share until the week after labor day I think, so she'll be 5 months when it is time. I am willing to drop her off at someone's house in the afternoon, but I am also open to someone coming to my apartment, or maybe alternate days. However, be aware of that I do have two cats. The building has an elevator though, as well as a ramp. We (my daughter and I) live in a large one bedroom apartment in Midwood, Brooklyn, on the border to Ditmas Park and Flatbush. It's a very nice area with lots of big houses and tree lined streets. There is a playground just around the corner with swings, and a few blocks south a much bigger playground. The majority of my work is in Midtown Manhattan and I could bring my daughter there and pick her up when I go home at night, but something closer to where we live would probably be preferable. (If I would drop her in Manhattan the time would probably be more like 3:30 pm to 9:30 pm). My daughter is solely breastfed at the moment and won't start to replace one meal with some solid food until she turns 6 months. I am careful to eat as much organic as possible, and avoid processed foods with added sugar (fake or real). The same will go for her when it is time. Hope someone out there is in the same predicament as me finding child care when working opposite hours from normal. My email is malin.tybahl@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment