Friday, June 7, 2013
I am writing on behalf of our wonderful nanny, Vanessa. She has been our nanny for over three years. Our children are 3.5 and 16 months. She works for us full time, but during the summer she has reduced hours. She is looking for evening babysitter work (Mondays - Fridays after 5:30 p.m.). You can reach her at 347-586-1228. You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
1. Yael and Elliot 2. email@example.com 3. 1 month old (will be 3 months old when we hope to start the nanny share) 4. Searching for a nanny and a nanny share, but hopefully someone already has or knows of a great nanny 5. We need 3 weekdays/week, 1 of which must be Friday. 8AM-5:30PM 6. We live in Morningside Heights/Upper West Side 7. Yes to dropping off anywhere on UWS or Morningside. Also, Murray Hill would be fine. 8. We have no pets 9. No food restrictions 10. Yes to elevator 11. Yes to playground and activities 12. Possibly interested in classes 13. No dietary restrictions 14. Looking to start in August or September 15. My husband works from home so we prefer not to host, but can on occasion if needed.
1. Meredith 2. firstname.lastname@example.org 3. Expecting 9/2/13 - looking for Dec 1st start date for 3 month old boy 4. Searching for a nanny and a nanny share family 5. full time, M-F 8:30 am – 5:30pm 6. East 30s - Murray Hill Midtown East 7. Are you willing to drop off your child at someone else's apt? Yes - Midtown East, Gramercy, Chelsea, Flat iron, Union Square 8. Do you have any pets? No 9. Does your child have any allergies? n/a 10. Does your building have an elevator (think double stroller!)? Yes 11. Does your neighborhood have a playground, nice places to walk? You will want the nanny to be spend time outside with the children. Yes , Yes 12. Would you be interested in signing up (and paying for) a "nanny and me" music class or gym class? Yes 13. Does your household have any dietary restrictions (vegan, vegetarian, kosher, etc)? No 14. When would you be able to start nanny share? Dec 1 2013 15. Any other relevant information you would like to share? first time parents 16. How did you find out about www.shareournanny.com? google search
1. Seta Toroyan 2. email@example.com 3. Cora is 7 months old (born Oct 30, 2012). We are searching for a nanny and a family. 5. Our hours are somewhat flexible as my husband works from home and I’m a grad student. My internship hours are Tues + Wed 8.45–5.15, Mon + Thurs 10-7, but we realize that no-one else has those hours, and we can do a regular 9-5, or be flexible as my husband will be home. 6. West 117th street. 7. We are willing to drop her off if it’s not a long a trip although would prefer to host. 8. No pets. 9. No allergies. 10. We have an elevator. 11. There is a playground a couple of blocks away. 12. We could do a class if it wasn’t expensive. 13. We’re planning to give her organic milk / meat. 14. We need almost 5 days coverage so are looking for a family who want both children to be looked after by one nanny rather than someone who wants to split the hours. Ideally we would love to start mid August to give the children time to get adjusted to the new setup. I also have friends with kids in the building who would help out in a pinch. 16. I found out about the site by calling Columbia University.
1. Francie 2. firstname.lastname@example.org 3. 12 months 4. We have the world's most amazing nanny! We are looking for work for her in July, as we won't need her, and to share her with a family in August, as our share family won't need her. 5. July: She is available for whatever hours you need and would like to work as many hours as possible. August: M-F 9-4, though flexible with hours 6. Harlem, but we share her with a family on the UWS, where we used to live. 7. Yes. For July, UWS, UES, or anywhere north in Manhattan. For August, UWS, Harlem, or UES. Try me on other locations close to the 2/3 or A/B/C/D though. 8. We have a cat. 9. no allergies 10. Elevator 11. Yes - and we already have a double stroller, extra pack 'n play for sleeping in separate rooms, double high chairs, etc. 12. Would consider classes that aren't too expensive, though we prefer activities that are free or cheap :-) 13. We don't do much dairy, gluten, sugar, or grains, but as long as it's healthy, I'm happy. 14. July - for your family (or families) only; August 5-30 for share. 15. We are pretty flexible about this arrangement; our priority is to find our amazing nanny work for the summer and a family to share her with in August. She might be the world's best nanny. She is caring, efficient, flexible, fun, kind, confident, and professional. 16. UWS moms' list serve
1. First name: Dianne 2. Contact information: email@example.com 3. Age of children: 8 years old (boy), and twins 5 years old (boy/girl) 4. Searching for 2 part-timers. #1 would help in the mornings from 730 am till 11:30 am and do breakfast/housekeeping of apt/kitchen clean up laundry and #2 would do pick up at school at 2:50 pm, homework, dinner, kitchen clean up, baths and work until 7 pm or sometimes a bit later. happy to share both 5. Days and hours needed: Seeking to work with 2 Part-timers and share both 6. Neighborhood you live in: UES 7. Are you willing to drop off your child at someone else's apt? No 8. Do you have any pets? no 9. Does your child have any allergies? no 10. Does your building have an elevator (think double stroller!)? yes 11. Does your neighborhood have a playground, nice places to walk? yes 12. Would you be interested in signing up (and paying for) a "nanny and me" music class or gym class? may sign twins up for swim lessons 13. Does your household have any dietary restrictions (vegan, vegetarian, kosher, etc)? No 14. When would you be able to start nanny share? start date flexible somewhat 15. Any other relevant information you would like to share? i really prefer women of Eastern European descent, like Polish, Russian, Romanian. 16. How did you find out about www.shareournanny.com? Google search
We heard about your shareournanny site from previous postings on the moms' list - we posted this last week to FTUWS but would like to also list it on your site. It is to share a nanny by days (i.e. she will still work for Heidi on MWF but my T/Th opening is now available.) Let me know if you have any questions and many thanks! Angela We are trying to find a part-time job for our fabulous nanny -- she is available on Tuesdays and Thursdays, all day, flexible hours. Mira has been with us for nearly 7 years, beginning when my first child was 4 months old. We then had twin boys (Mira stayed with my daughter the night they were born) and she has cared for our girl through my bedrest pregnancy, premature birth, c-section recovery, and then the arrival of our newborn boys. Thus, Mira is experienced from preemie-newborn through school-aged child; she has her own children who are being raised abroad. She has a mother's instincts when it comes to safety, illness, age-appropriateness, and feeding. Many times she has alerted me to my kids' sicknesses, behavioral changes, or growth spurts. Mira has also suggested classes and activities for the kids that I didn't know existed. In addition to being responsible for school pick-up and drop-off, classes, playdates, activities, and the park, Mira has accompanied us to doctor and dentist appointments -- as well as hospital visits. Our boys have special needs that she is very patient and caring about; she has worked closely with their therapists and employed their techniques. She is always very interested in learning exactly what is going on with the kids, and asks the right questions as she has a great deal of common sense. We trust her completely with our kids, and it's a relief to know they are in her care. Around the home, Mira cooks for and feeds the kids, does their laundry and tidies their rooms, and does a few household chores. She also points out when the kids have outgrown clothes, need something new, or have expressed interest in special toys or hobbies. She has also come on vacation with us. She is here legally, and also available on weekends. We pay her $15 per hour. Please contact me (Heidi) at Wensley@gmail.com if you are interested in hearing more or contacting her. You can reach Mira directly at 917-200-1335. The previous Tu/Th mom writes: For the past 16 months, Mira has been indispensable to us. Both my daughter and I looked forward to her presence each Tue/Thurs. As a SAHM, I was particularly worried that having someone in the home while I am also home would be disruptive, but that Mira is so pleasant and easy-going that it never felt "crowded" when we were both here at the same time, which was often. She helped with so many things: preparing healthy food, helping potty train, going to the doctor with me when my daughter was ill, even helping me prepare for guests and for entertaining on several occasions when we hosted dinner parties and holiday parties. We will miss Mira, but hope to help her find a great family and look forward to having her babysit our daughter for our occasional date nights as it is very important to us to stay in touch with her and maintain the relationship between her and our daughter, who adores her. Mira said that she is open to Manhattan, Queens, or Brooklyn, but no more than an hour from where she lives in Ridgewood, Queens. Please contact me (Angela) for more info at 917-498-4198.
1. Mollie 2. firstname.lastname@example.org 3. Age of child: 19 months 4. We have an awesome PT nanny- we just need a 2nd family 5. Looking to share at least 2 days from Wed-Friday, 8-6 6. Ridgewood (Queens) 7. Are you willing to drop off your child at someone else's apt? Maybe... in Ridgewood, Williamsburg, or Greenpoint 8. We have 2 house bunnies who are confined to 1 room (and can be kept safely in a pen during the day) 9. Our child has no allergies 10. We live on the 2nd floor of a house. No elevator. 11. We live in close proximity to 3 playgrounds- one of them being the awesome Grover Cleveland Park 12. Not interested in activities that require fees (with the exception of singalongs for nominal fees). 13. No true restrictions. We eat mostly organic and do not use processed sugar 14. We can start right away and would like to find a family by the end of June. 15. Our nanny is truly great! She speaks English as a first language but is also fluent in Spanish, is CPR Certified, has been a kindergarten teacher and holds a Masters in Social Work from Columbia. She worked at Head Start in various positions for several years and recently left to work for us. She is extremely trust-worthy, reliable, professional and truly LOVES kids. We cannot recommend her enough. 16. How did you find out about www.shareournanny.com? Google search for nanny shares
Hi, I would like to post on your blog. I think this is the information you need: 1. Lisa 2. email@example.com 3. 10 and 8 4. Already have a nanny 5. We are looking to time share our amazing babysitter with a family that needs morning to early afternoon hours. Our babysitter has been with us for 7 years (since our 8 year old was one) and we no longer need her full time. We are looking for an UWS family in seeking an incredibly kind, warm and reliable sitter M-F 8:30 - 1:30 / 2:00. If you are looking for summer help, she is also available full time M-F 8:30 - 4:30 for 8 weeks starting July 1st. 16. I found your site via search.
1. First name - Kelli 2. Contact information – firstname.lastname@example.org or 818-516 5383 3. Age of child - n/a 4. Already have a nanny OR Searching for a nanny and a nanny share - have nanny. Searching for her to get 20-30 hours from another family. 5. Days and hours - Ideally we would like to use our nanny in the afternoons - so it would be great to find a family who needs her in the morning. However we can be flexible and free her up for 2 full days and one half day instead. Neighborhood you live in - we live on the UWS. Our nanny lives in Brooklyn and is happy to work in Brooklyn or near us. 14. When would you be able to start nanny share? Beginning in September 2013. 15. Any other relevant information you would like to share? Our nanny is great and has been with us for 2 1/2 years. We really want to find her part time work so we can continue to also work with her. We need her less now due to youngest child starting school. Please contact me to discuss further! 16. How did you find out about www.shareournanny.com? UWS list serve
My part time nanny, Antoinetta, is looking to find additional days or hours as a nanny. We currently use her on Mondays and the occasional Tuesday. She attends school at night so this would be strictly day time hours, anywhere from 7:30 am to 6:30 pm and she is willing to travel anywhere in Mnahattan, the Bronx, Queens or Brooklyn. Ideally she would work with a family Wednesday-Friday or Saturday but I am open to a nanny-share on Mondays and Tuesdays if the family were close to my home, shared similar ideals and would be willing to have their child looked after in my home (single family townhouse in Bushwick). Addison (boy) is 10 weeks old and very sweet! Please contact me @ email@example.com if you'd like to discuss further.
Seeking family - already have nanny (UES) 1. Deirdre 2. firstname.lastname@example.org 3. 4 months 4. We already have an amazing nanny 5. Preferably full time, M-F 7:30 am – 6pm 6. UES 7. Are you willing to drop off your child at someone else's apt? Yes If yes, what area are you willing to go to?UES, East/West Midtown 8. Do you have any pets? No 9. Does your child have any allergies? No 10. Does your building have an elevator (think double stroller!)? No, but we live on the ground floor. 11. Does your neighborhood have a playground, nice places to walk? Close to Central Park. 12. Would you be interested in signing up (and paying for) a "nanny and me" music class or gym class?Maybe 13. Does your household have any dietary restrictions (vegan, vegetarian, kosher, etc)?No 14. When would you be able to start nanny share?Begining of July 2013 15. Any other relevant information you would like to share? We have been doing a nannyshare with another family who are moving out of town and so we are looking for another family to share with. 16. How did you find out about www.shareournanny.com? Google
Dawne and Suzanne email@example.com Searching for another family Baby girl - 7 months FT 8 to 5:30 but flexible South Prospect Park We have a cat Elevator building Start June 3rd We are lucky enough for my husband to be able stay home with our daughter starting in June. While we are happy that we can spend more time with Olivia, we are sad to be ending what has been a great & affordable nanny share situation. Anessa Vincent started with us in December when my daughter was 16 weeks old & the other child was 8 weeks old. She had been working in another nanny share position for over 3 years and came highly recommended by all of her previous employers, with whom she is still in touch. We also did a full background check on Anessa and both families before we started – which we are happy to share with you. Anessa takes initiative and has found activities, classes & story hours for our children with other similarly aged children in the neighborhood. She also takes care of the kids’ laundry, feeds them, reads with them, keeps them on a schedule and writes up terrific end of day reports so that we know what we have in store for the evening. She even finds time to snap a cute photo or 2 & sends it to us during the day. Anessa is incredibly reliable and can be flexible with schedule – coming early and staying late when asked. When I was having an especially busy morning she would come & pick up Olivia at our apartment to take her to The Daniels' home for the day. Currently her hours are for 8 AM – 5:30 PM Monday – Friday, although they are able to adjust those slightly if another family needs something different. Suzanne & Booth Daniels have been hosting with their daughter Abigail at their 2 bedroom condo in Prospect Park South on Caton – 4 blocks from the Church Avenue Stop for the B/Q & are close to the B41, B49 and B35 bus routes. They are already set up with a pack & play in addition to a crib, baby proofing, lots of toys, 2 high chairs & a double stroller. I know they are also open to going to somebody else's home with Anessa if that works better for the next family. It’s been so nice knowing Olivia is so well cared for & has had a playmate (Abigail is 7 months old currently). We hope the next family to join them will enjoy the situation as much as we have. We are more than happy to answer any questions you have - you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!